Thursday, September 8, 2005

What The Frack?!

Where the hay have I been? Good question. I know I haven't been around in a few weeks, but I have lots of really really good excuses.

Wanna hear them?

M'kay. First, the whole Katrina thing happened. I felt a moment of silence on the Dilly Diaries was sort of warranted. I mean, what the heck could I have written that wouldn't have sounded A. horribly shallow B. seemingly insensitive or C. just plain dumb. The only things I could think of sharing were SO little compared to what they are going through in the areas that got completely destroyed. Last week I thought of posting about an asthma attack I had. But, hello? People died. I lived! I just took my inhaler. So, that's the first excuse.

Second, my hubby was in the process of getting a new job. It was all so overwhelming because he wasn't even looking for a new job. It just sort of fell in his lap, everything came together, doors opened and shut and BA-BAM! New job! Lots of money! Really good benefits! Good location! Excellent promotion possibilities! Dancing girls!

(Just kidding about the dancing girls thing. I just felt like adding it to see if you're still awake.)

So, hubby was in agony about leaving his current job. Why? Because he's a really loyal guy and he likes his boss a lot (they're friends). Oh, and he's the only employee other than his boss. Leaving his current job was a huge, ugly thing but he just couldn't pass up this opportunity. It's just too sweet for words. I was very distracted by this change in our lives... and writing about all these good things seemed insensitive (see above).

Thirdly, we're doing it. Yes, you heard right. Doing it.

After many months of thinking and worrying and all that silly stuff we decided: there's nothing sane about having a baby! It's never going to make sense! We're never going to be rich enough, or have a big enough house, and we're never going to like losing sleep and spending all of our money and having no free time. We don't care to think about all the negatives anymore. What we want is to start a family, and there's no time like the present.

This month we started "trying" to get pregnant. We've practiced enough.

It's so hard for me to not get psycho about it. I'm the type of person who, once I decide what I want, can't wait! Like at Christmas time when I was a kid? I knew what I was getting before it was even wrapped. I would search the house and attic for the stash of presents before mom wrapped them. I was instantly gratified and yet I was STILL excited to open them on Christmas day (plus Santa always threw in a few surprises). Because I'm annoying like that, I'd really like to get pregnant this month. Like, DING! Pregnant! So I'm checking fluids and stuff, but I haven't gotten into the basal body temp stuff yet. I'll probably go there if I don't get pregnant in 3 months. Trust me, I may sound really naieve to a lot of you women who tried for YEARS to get pregnant. And, you're right. I'm stupid and clueless about the miracle of pregnancy. I'm just hoping it happens for me without too much fuss and muss. And if it doesn't, I'll deal with it accordingly.

What's going on with the Dilly right now, you ask?

Well, as of now, I'm just so stinkin' busy at work! I can't get a break. Poor me. No rest for the weary, they say. Well, boy, are they right! But here I go again with excuse #1 for not posting: the people in New Orleans, Louisiana and Mississippi would probably be thankful to trade my little tiny problems for theirs right now. On that note, please (if you haven't already) give to a charity or organization and help the victims of Hurricane Katrina get back on their feet. Hubby and I already gave to a charity through our church. They are giving people homes, food and clothing. If you gave anything to the Tsunami victims... please give to this, too. Let's take care of our fellow Americans. Even if it's just giving a few bucks, lending a hand, or saying a prayer.

Anyways. I'm back in the groove, my friends. I've broken the silence. You'll be hearing from me again very soon. I've been working on something to share with you: a long list of things I love. Until then. :)

No comments: