Sunday, September 11, 2005

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Things I'm Really LOVING right now:

1. Maple Sugar candies from upstate New York
These little creamy candies are made from pure maple sugar. They melt in your mouth like a little taste of tree sap heaven. I got a small box of these from Sprauge's when I was in New York. I wish I had bought a BIG box. Also, their maple butter is really good spread on a slice of toast, too. Maple, maple, maple. Yum. Just YUM!

2. Brighton
I LURVE Brighton. Their jewelry and purses are so well made and girly (and I can actually afford them). I'm not really into overly flashy or gold jewelry, so this place is perfect for my style... a lot of simple silver pieces. Everytime I put on my Brighton jewelry it makes me feel special. I'm currently liking the new Bordeaux Heart collection. Maybe I should get a new purse for fall? Methinks so.

3. Downy Wrinkle Releaser
Seriously. I could not get out of my house in the morning without this stuff. I'm so surprised more people don't use it. Do you use it? It's so much easier than ironing (although it doesn't work that swell on certain fabrics). It's even easy enough for hubby to use ON HIS OWN. Amazing, aye?

4. This website rocks my world. (www.allrecipes.com)
I can't live without allrecipes.com. I have found some of the best recipes on this site. It's so great. I can search according to what I have in my pantry and it will give me recipes that use those ingredients. Also, I love to look at the recipe reviews and see what people say about it before I try it. If you're ever STUCK and don't know what to make for dinner...

duh, eat out or order in!

But if you can't do that, try this website. It's a lifesaver.

5. Burt's Bees Lip Balm
Warning: once you start wearing this pepperminty beeswax lip balm, your lips will never be the same again. They will crave the minty tingle. It's addicting in the worst way. I have to apply this lip balm a frigillion times a day. Love it. Need it. Can't live without it.

6. Target!
How much do I love thee, Target? Let me count the ways. OK. One, you make me smile as soon as I walk into your doors and smell the unadulterated odor of low cost shopping. Two, you hold my attention like nothing else can. I am satisfied within your walls for HOURS and HOURS on end. Three, red is my favorite color. Four, if I get famished while shopping I can eat a personal pan pizza from your Pizza Hut Express! I could go on forever. I love Target. The ugly stepsister Wal-Mart can't even compete (but we won't go there today).

7. Silk Soymilk
Oy! Soy! I never thought I would be a soymilk drinker. I don't mind driking cow's milk, but decided to make a partial switch to soy for my health. I still have regular milk most of the time, but I prefer soy. I'm really lovin' the Silk Chocolate Soymilk as a little treat at night and the regular un-flavored soymilk with my cereal (Kashi Heart-to-Heart or Cheerios) in the morning. You must try it!

8. Mojito's
I'm not a big drinker, but on a recent trip to St. Augustine, FL, I had a Mojito! Have you ever tried one? Oh my! They are really good. Really, really good. Better than anything I've ever tried before. I could have used one (or five) of these last week.

9. Breathing is good. (Kenmore EnviroSense™ True HEPA Air Cleaner)
I've had asthma since I was a kid, so breathing isn't always an easy thing for me. When we bought this house it was such an improvement over the crappy air quality in our apartment. But still. Florida is full of flora and fauna. Or whatever they call it. It's full of stuff that bothers my wittle lungs. So this air purifier has been great. I turn it on at night and it's 100% quiet.

And when my husband farts in bed, the odor sensor turns red.

10. I feel pretty, oh so pretty. And I smell like a Koala chewing Wrigley's Doublemint gum. (Bath & Body Works Eucalyptus Spearmint body splash)
And I'm proud of it. I spray myself with this "relaxing" body splash every morning. I'm not convinced it lasts all day, but I'm OK with that. I don't like wearing anything overpowering that'll make others choke or sneeze when I walk by. But let me tell you! There's something magical about the way this stuff smells. It's so soothing-- the smell is so fresh and earthy. Makes me feel like hugging a tree. Specifically, a eucalyptus one.

I have many more favorite things, but I'm going to save them for later. Gotta make sure I don't go and reveal ALL OF ME to you people too soon, you know?

By the way? I even took a picture of my hair for you today. It's finally grown into itself. I was dead-set on sharing this photo with you right now in this very post you are currently reading. However, I am such a dingle-berry! The USB cable thingie that connects the camera to my laptop is nowhere to be found. I think it might be somewhere at work (pray, pray, pray it is). So, stay tuned. Later.

No comments: