Sunday, September 25, 2005

10/100

I just realized that many of you know very, very little about me and my "about" page isn't much help either. So, since writing 100 things all at once is a daunting task, I've decided to give you a list of 10 things about me once a week until I hit 100. Since this is my first post, the title is 10/100. The next one will be 20/100 (get it?). I know, I'm a genius.

Before I get into the ten things I want to quickly explain the name of this blog and my alias, Dillygirl. The name "Dilly" is not homage to the dill pickle, although I do like me a good pickle with my turkey sandwich every now and then. But seriously... Dilly is a slang or shortening of the word Delightful. I consider myself to be a mostly positive, upbeat person, so I thought it was a great fit (and to my knowledge, there are no other Dilly Diaries in the blogosphere). The true definition of Dilly is: One that is remarkable or extraordinary, as in size or quality. Which now that I read that, I'm not sure this site is 100% dilly yet, but I'm working on it.

As for going by the alias Dillygirl. Some of you might find it very silly (rhymes with dilly) of me to go by a nickname and yet post a photo of my face at the same time (seems a little counter-productive and stuff). You're right, it sorta' is. I don't have any qualms about sharing my name with people, but I LOATHE the idea that someone might google my name and find this site. I want to maintain a certain level of privacy, even though many people who visit this blog know me in person. I am an extrovert... kind of loud and outspoken at times. I've been called a ham, a drama queen, and I'm not at all camera shy. So that kind of explains the photo thing. This blog just wouldn't feel as personal for me if I couldn't post pictures of myself. BUT. My hubby refuses to allow me to post pictures of him (I'm working on it) and I'm still not comfortable with posting pictures of my family or friends yet because I want to respect their privacy until they give me their permission. So that's the scoop on that.

Ok. Onto the first ten things about me...

1. I am 25 years old. Born in June of 1980 in upstate NY. I'm a Gemini but I don't often share that with people because I don't believe in astronomy. However I have been told I am a typical Gemini. Whatever that means.

2. My favorite time of the year is fall/winter. I can safely say this because I've lived in Florida since the age of 6. Winter here is beautiful. I do enjoy visiting family in NY and rolling around in the snow a bit, but after a few weeks I'm ready to come home.

3. I have a BFA in Studio Art. My current job involves creating stage sets, large scale artwork, and murals while leading a team of visual artists and craftsmen. I have worked as a freelance artist, graphic designer, Starbucks barista, and pet store employee.

4. I was homeschooled for 3 years, 7th-9th grade, (why?) because I hated going to school and wanted to have more free time for my equestrian hobbies. After school (which took about 3 hours a day), I would go to the stables to ride and train horses with my other homeschooled friends. I loved it!

5. I'm married to an amazingly handsome man (he looks a lot like this guy) who is the love of my life. He's my best friend. We married in October of 2002. He currently works as an editor/graphics guy at one of the largest TV broadcasting companies in the United States. His dream job would be to work at Disney as a 3D animator.

6. I'm horribly and hopelessly sentimental. I get so attached to things, people and places. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a pack rat or a hoarder! A good example of my sentimentalism is when I watch the "Parent Trap" with Hayley Mills and start to cry a little because I remember how much I LOVED that movie when I was a kid.

7. I wear flip-flops almost everyday. Even if my toenails are not painted!

8. When I was 12 I peed my pants at a haunted house because I seriously thought for a minute that the characters were ACTUALLY trying to kill me with their bloody axes and such! (run-on) It was only a tiny bit, though, and none of my friends noticed, but that was the last time I went in a haunted house (at least a fake one).

9. I hate hate hate talking on the phone. Hate it.

10. I wear socks to bed every night. If I'm not wearing them I can't fall asleep no matter what. I don't remember when I started doing this because when I was a kid and a teenager my feet would always get so blazing hot at night! I would stick them out from under my blankets and turn the ceiling fan on high. Now if my feet feel the slightest draft I instantly wake up.

No comments: