Sunday, September 18, 2005

TV, Comfort Food, Makin' Babies

Hi, this is me. Oh! And this is my hair (I actually kind of like it now).

Now onto other, more important, things... Things like TV!!! and MAC N CHEESE!!! and BABIES!!!

Nothing could make me happier than the return of decent, daily television options. I've already marked my calendar to remind me of several very important appointments with my couch to watch LOST, House, Survivor, Medium, and The Biggest Loser. I know I could be doing something much, much more productive with my time. I feel (slightly) guilty about how much pleasure I derive from watching the boob tube. But it's the only way I can get my overactive mind to just take a breather. Just veg out, be entertained, maybe laugh, maybe cry. It's therapy (especially if the hubby-guy decides to offer me a back or foot massage).

Speaking of therapy, a few days ago I made some good home cooked macaroni and cheese. You know, the baked kind with breadcrumbs on top? Yum. Better than Cracker Barrel! For some reason I've been really into comfort food. The good (bad) stuff. Maybe it's the way fall weather is creeping up on us here in South Florida. The way the air smells first thing in the morning... a tinge of autumn is there. I can smell it. It's still hellishly hot, though. That is, until I walk into a craft strore like the Rag Shop where the A/C is cranked up and they've got pumpkins and cinnamon pinecones everywhere. Oh! And candycorn! There's some really good comfort food. And pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks.

Seasons change, people change. Very cliche, I know.

Really, though, I've changed a lot. Look at me! I feel like a totally different person than I've ever been. Grown up, almost. It's crazy! And sex has changed this month. It has a whole new meaning to us. So now it's just waiting until CD28 or 29 to see if Aunt Flo will visit, and if she does, try again (and again and again). Not only am I changing, but my day-to-day also. I'm growing tired of my "career" and my job. It all seems so pointless compared to being a mom. Every day at work seems like a purgatory I'm sort of hanging out in until the day comes when I can do what my heart really longs for.

Oh, and I'm cutting out caffeine! *choke-sob*

It's the pits! I'm slowly having the Starbucks girl put more and more decaf in my venti iced coffee. It's a painful process (the headaches), but a small one compared to the many life changes I'll probably have to face in the coming years, right!?

No comments: